Thursday, September 11, 2008

Who gives a fat rat's.

I promise, this will be the last time I’m going to write about this cunt.

The Smage is running big with their “exclusive” story that Peter Costello A) thought he could have won the last Federal election and B) won’t be challenging for the Liberal Party leadership.

Well, whoop-de-whoop.

I told you lot weeks ago that Costello won’t challenge, so why this is suddenly news is beyond me.

Actually, I do know why Fairfax management is treating it as news. They forked out a shitload of dosh for this “exclusive” and they’re desperate to recoup some of that by beating up a non-story. It’s just a shame they had to drag in the two Age journos I still have some respect for, Michelle Grattan and Shaun Carney.

As for Pete “I coulda won it” Costello, my response can be summed up as “fuckin bullshit”.

Pete, old buddy, you were a senior member of a government that was seriously on the nose with the punters*. To imagine that you could win over the Australian electorate when you couldn’t even convince your own party colleagues to back you is laughable.

I also think Fairfax and the book’s publishers, Melbourne University Press, have seriously fucked up their own product. By running endless pieces for weeks about “Peter Costello’s tell-all memoirs” means nobody gives a shit about “Peter Costello’s tell-all memoirs”.

I’m a sad political junkie but if you think I’m going to wade through 400 plus pages of sanctimonious, self-justifying nonsense and dull political tittle-tattle- then you’ve owls in your belfry.

*Sorry Desci.

4 comments:

Desci said...

Apology accepted.

Anonymous said...

In all fairness (and about the only fairness I will extend) to Costello, he has been saying consistently that he has no intention of challenging for the Liberal leadership. But all the political journos and Liberal party members like the Mad Monk convinced themselves that he was still a contender.

Watch out for Howard's biography, Memoirs of a Coconut, due out next year, which will fire back against jellyback Costello.

patchouligirl said...

Gosh I just realised what day it is.

As for Howard/Costello, its better to be a has-been than a never-been as they say.

patchouligirl said...

Or what day it was rather. Life moves too quickly for me.